Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how City and East London therapy collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website.
● Throughout this Notice, “we”, “us”, “our” and “the service” refers toCity and East London therapy, 189-190 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6HU.
General Data Protection Regulation Act
● Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed. The registered Data Controller for City and East London therapy is Maxwell Addo and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. ICO reference ZA659855
● Data Subject
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
1. Principles for processing personal data
Our principles for processing personal data are:
● Fairness and lawfulness. When City and East London therapy process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
● Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
● Transparency. The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed and used.
2. What personal data we collect and process
City and East London therapy may collect several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
● Email address
● First name and last name
● Phone number
● Address, City and postal code
● Details about your physical and or mental health
● GP details
● Emergency contacts
● Information relevant to your referral or business with City and East London Therapy
3. Third parties or publicly available sources
City and East London therapy may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below (please note that we may also receive and collect personal data about the third parties themselves):
● Technical Data from the following parties:
a) Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visitingGoogle Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs. To opt out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting please feel free to exercise your rights.
b) Our website hosting provider for the time being which may be based and / or use servers inside or outside the EU.
● If your sessions are paid for or arranged via a third party, (e.g. your employer, a friend, or a family member), other than payment requests, invoices or receipts your counselling information will not be shared. Details about what is discussed in your sessions will remain confidential between you and your therapist. Any other information can only be shared if you give us your written consent to do so.
● City and East London therapy may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
● City and East London Therapy may also collect certain information about your computer hardware and software. This includes:
a) Your IP address
b) Browser type
c) Operating system
d) Access times; and
e) Referring website addresses
The City and East London therapy website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This privacy statement applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you may visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website. If you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the privacy statement of that third-party site.
4. How we use the personal data
City and East London therapyuses the collected personal data for various purposes:
● To provide you with therapy services
● To notify you about changes to our services and/or products
● To carry out a contract agreed between you and City and East London therapy
● To provide customer support
● To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
● To maintain accurate records and information
● To detect, prevent and address technical issues
● To identify and protect those at risk of harm and or abuse
● To meet statutory obligations, for example by insurers and professional bodies
● To show compliance to GDPR, BACP (Bristish association of counsellors and psychotherapists) Ethical Framework, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customsand insurers
● For clinical supervision
5. Security Policy
City and East London therapy is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to safeguard and secure the information that is collected both online and on paper.
The personal information gathered is annonymised, held on paper Consultation forms and treatment notes and is stored securely in a locked filing cabinet. None of this information other than your name, phone number and/or email address is held electronically.
Contact details including telephone numbers and email addresses are held on a password protected telephone and personal computer.
6. Details of third parties with whom your personal data may be shared
The information you provide to City and East London therapy is confidential, however there are circumstances in which it may be necessary to share aspects of your data with third parties for the purposes outlined below.
Disclosure of Information to Other Health Care Professionals:
● In the context of referral to other health care professionals, it may be necessary to furnish them with relevant parts of information in order for them to provide you with the treatment and services you need. This information will only be given with your explicit consent, except when there is serious concern for your safety.
● We may wish to liaise with other professionals involved in your care to ensure that an optimal care plan is in place for you. This will only be done with your consent.
Disclosures to Other Third Parties:
● Clients sometimes request that confirmation of their attendance at City and East London therapy, or requests for support be provided to other agencies or departments, this will only be done with your consent.
● In the case of requests made by solicitors or other third to have your records released, we will only release information with your signed consent.
Disclosures Required or Permitted Under Law:
● The information that you provide to City and East London therapy is confidential to the service. In keeping with codes of ethics for therapy practitioners, the information shared within the context of a therapy relationship is treated in a strictly confidential manner and will not be divulged to others without your consent, except in the following exceptional circumstances:
a) If there is a serious concern that there may be a threat to your safety or life or that of another.
b) In the context of criminal behaviour and disclosures required by legal process.
● If it becomes necessary to breach confidentiality, every effort will be made to discuss this with you before that step is taken. Information to third parties is provided on a need to know basis and is done so with great sensitivity.
7. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
City and East London therapy’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the personal data we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information:
● City and East London Therapy needs to perform a contract with you
● You have given City and East London therapypermission to do so
● Processing your personal data is in City and East London Therapy’s legitimate interests
● City and East London Therapy needs to comply with the law
8. Retention of personal data
City and East London therapywill retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy. For the purposes described here we will store your data for a period of seven years following the termination of therapy.
City and East London Therapy will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
9. Data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
● The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
● The right of rectification
● The right to object
● The right of restriction
● The right to data portability
● The right to withdraw consent
7. Complaints Process
Should you wish to exercise all relevant rights, or to submit queries or complaints about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us in the first instance at:
City and East London therapy, 189-190 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6HU. You can also contact the Data Controller:
Maxwell Addo via email@example.com
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Cookies Policy for City and East London Therapy
What cookies are:
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies:
Third party cookies:
To determine your interests, Google may track your behaviour on our website, and on other websites across the web, using the DoubleClick cookie. This behaviour tracking allows Google to tailor the advertisements you see on other websites to reflect your interests
What your choices are regarding cookies:
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where you can find more information about cookies:
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: